Your application is crashing. $MONGO_OPLOG_URL

Brand new to Reaction and Meteor. Not new to full-stack and React dev.

I created a new Ubuntu 18.04 Server virtual machine with 1 CPU and 4GB RAM and followed these install instructions:

All seemed to go smooth until the build…HOLY COW THAT’S A HUGE BUILD CYCLE. Maybe the installation note should include something along the lines of “This thing needs all the horsepower you can give it unless you want to wait 10 minutes for building.”

Onto my actual problem. init went well, but when I went to start the system with “reaction”, it built for a really long time and finally ended with:

/home/vagrant/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.7.0_3.u9lhms.hf7k++os.linux.x86_64+web.browser+web.browser.legacy+web.cordova/mt-os.linux.x86_64/dev_bundle/server-lib/node_modules/fibers/future.js:280

Error: $MONGO_OPLOG_URL must be set to the 'local' database of a Mongo replica set
    at OplogHandle._startTailing (packages/mongo/oplog_tailing.js:218:13)
    at new OplogHandle (packages/mongo/oplog_tailing.js:77:8)
    at new MongoConnection (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:217:25)
    at new MongoInternals.RemoteCollectionDriver (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:4:16)
    at Object.<anonymous> (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:38:10)
    at Object.defaultRemoteCollectionDriver (packages/underscore.js:784:19)
    at new Collection (packages/mongo/collection.js:97:40)
    at new AccountsCommon (packages/accounts-base/accounts_common.js:23:18)
    at new AccountsServer (packages/accounts-base/accounts_server.js:18:5)
    at server_main.js (packages/accounts-base/server_main.js:9:12)
    at fileEvaluate (packages/modules-runtime.js:339:7)
    at require (packages/modules-runtime.js:238:16)
    at /home/vagrant/estore/reaction/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages/accounts-base.js:2012:15
    at /home/vagrant/estore/reaction/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages/accounts-base.js:2019:3
    at /home/vagrant/estore/reaction/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/boot.js:411:36
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
=> Exited with code: 1
=> Your application is crashing. Waiting for file change.

Perhaps nothing to worry about, but also noted this warning:

app/client/plugins.less.css: warn: There are some @import rules those are not taking effect as they are required to be in the beginning of the file.

FOLLOW-UP. I am up and running now. The only thing I changed is I modified my Ubuntu 18 Server virtual machine to use 4 cores of my Gen8 I7 and gave it 8GB RAM. This is up from 1 core and 4GB. That is, all I did was delete the entire reaction directory, shut down the VM, make these config changes, fire it back up, and start with “reaction init” then “reaction” to build and start the app.

With this config, the build took about 7 minutes. Now onto learning how to work with this platform.

:coffee: