Reaction Commerce Forums

Share your Reaction shop

There are plenty stores with RC, It is nice.
Anyone wants to share the source code, because lot of people need examples to build their own ecommerce.

Reaction is still pretty slow, enough to seriously think about the impact on the customer.

If you go to almost any React store, it takes about 15-20sec to get the first page loaded. Everything from there is great, but unfortunately once the user is waiting for more than 4 seconds, it is highly possible that we won’t get them to wait that much.

1 Like

I totally agree! The idea of NodeJS is for everything to be blazing fast and when it is being let down by slow UI it is a massive disappointment. Hopefully, this will be solved in the future. I thought I found the platform I needed but it turns out to have too much of a negative impact on the users shopping experience. I guess I will have to work from scratch or create a PHP site for my platform.

I also totally agree!

We’re beginning a full quarter+ of performance focused improvements. Starting with Node 8 and Meteor 1.6, and beginning to work on loading the admin modules on demand. Additionally, we’re working on finishing the conversion from blaze to react. There’s a lot of re-rendering and other bad behavior going on right now in the React components, so we’ll be focusing on getting them tuned and more anonymous/generic in their implementations so that we can also optionally peel off the client components from the admin functionality and run them separately with just a graphql (or ddp) data layer. We’re also going to be breaking out some of the packages that are non essential into their own packages and improving the package loading / import processes .

Many of these issues are marked “pull-request-encouraged” and “perfomance” in our issues if you want to get involved or just follow progress.

2 Likes
Ideas to improve initial page loading time and performance in general

And here is another shop: https://bilderrahmen4you.de

3 Likes

Looks Pretty cool.Have you guys done lot of customization in terms of template?

Hi, thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:
I’m the dev of the shop at https://bilderrahmen4you.de/.

There were many changes related both to the template and the structure behind it, e.g. I needed to create a PDP that separates different kinds of options that are all related to one variant. The price calculation and the product image also behave completely different, as their output is generated out of a selection of multiple variants and values. The price gets calculated twice, once clientside to have it display fast, then serverside when the selecion is added to cart in order to be safe against clientside modifications.

The admin view also needed several modifications in order to have an ui to create these kind of variants and new attributes.

For more examples of live sites using Reaction Commerce, visit our community showcase page.

pinned #22
unpinned #23
pinned globally #24

Is anyone doing any charity silent auction work on the platform?
Just curious…

Seriously: someone should clean up here.

nextlevel.com.bo takes 10 seconds to load.
The two next shops (itfurniturestore.com and easy-wine.de ) returns 503 Service Unavailable
Airtime takes 10 seconds to load.

What are the best references now? (May 2018) - and load time are extremely important.
This article is still relevant today. (more than one second loadtime costs amazon aprox 1.6 billion usd.)

Lars

1 Like

reactioncommerce shop in arabic language چربی گیر but little error :slight_smile:

Can someone from the Reaction team post some new stores to the showcase in main website and here. It is quite surprising to see only 6-7 lives sites on such a promising platform.

1 Like

Looks like this platform is dead?. The reference/showcase stores listed on main website take forever to load. That is very bad for conversions. There are no active stores powered by Reaction which are worthy of listing here at all?.

@HaroldFinch Hey there, Reaction is actually far from dead. :slight_smile:

The latest project I’ve worked on (and a very unique one at that!) has hit production and can be seen right here. Also, as I think it hasn’t been mentioned here, one of the best examples of a Reaction Commerce shop out there is Pressed Juicery and I highly suggest checking it out.

The quickly-evolving nature of the Next.js + GraphQL storefront means that developers are just starting to build shops with it. We should start seeing much more of these hit stable in the next few months as most of the roadblocks are now eliminated.

Also, it is worth mentioning that Reaction Commerce recently announced its first enterprise-level partnership ever with Sports Direct, which is a huge step towards seeing the platform more widely adopted by large retailers.

With all that being said, the best is yet to come and I am personally really excited for the future of Reaction. Stay tuned!

That is interesting. Please keep posting any new sites which are running on Reaction in this thread.

Sure thing! I’ll keep adding the projects that my team and I help bring to life using Reaction.

Additionally, for all your Reaction Commerce consulting, developer training and support needs, check us out at out:grow.

hi KCL, I’m planning to develop an auction site which is based on on reactioncommerce, do you have interested in or any existing works?