Right now we have three different types of Hooks: Event, Collection, and Method hooks, all implemented slightly differently. Right now our implementation of Event hooks works, but it doesn’t have a lot of functionality, but this seems like an area where a good Event hook system could be of use to a low of people who want to add functionality without modifying core code.
What sort of functionality would you like to see added?
For me I would like to see (for all hooks, not just Event)
- The ability to remove or replace a hook.
- The ability to see what is currently attached to a hook.
- Some sort of verification that an Event is available for a hook, so you can’t add hooks that will never get fired.
- Events added for things that don’t currently have hooks, but users may want to add Hook.
- The ability to execute a Method and bypass Hooks (similar to
directwith Collections). This is also super helpful for testing to eliminate side-effects.